Monday, December 18, 2017

Kingdom of Love

I knew then that I had been like a Holy book to him. My pages pouring with redemption; with acceptance; with mercy. Every gaze into my face offered the reflection of all he was and could be, but was not prepared to become. My confidence in him made him uncomfortable. The unconditional love I prided myself in providing was too heavy of a weight. I was a temple he walked away from; a safe place he refused to rest. Precious beyond explanation and intentionally naive so that I could withstand his resistant love.

"Why give something like me to someone like him?" I asked, almost empty of tears.

"Because that's how my shepherds learn that they are Kings. Through currents of love that take the shape of sweet-faced girls that give them courage, even when they themselves don't understand the depths of their worth."

"I understand that Father, and I am proud of the work I've done. But how do ladies of the water discover their Queedom once Kings have come and gone?"

Silence... and then Father spoke warmly into my heart.

"My precious one, if you know of your Queendom, what is there left to discover? Who is fit to lead you to you other than yourself? If you could learn to have loved him without fault, you possess every necessary skill to covet your own love; your own divine power. You are my vessel, and I have created you with authority over the waters you travel. Let no man, neither shepherd nor King, detain you from your thrown."

And just like that I allowed the shepherd to be his own King, and I gained infinite access to my  rightful place in the temple I thought I built for someone else.

This Kingdom of love I have built was built for me.

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing ! I like this because you live by it. Your presence as a queen will always be respected by me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rachel. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know and about your interest in writing and writing to alert people that greater is coming so that they may celebrae right now. Great. Your blog post is also very encouraging about the Kingdom of love. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 38 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time.I am sure you will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends also wishing you and your family a blessed and a Christ centered rest of the new year 2018. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede.

    ReplyDelete